Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife LIVE: August 10
This event is sold out online! VIP tickets may still be available, or you can try your luck at the door—a limited quantity of tickets are set aside for walk-up guests, while supplies last.
Sounds by CUFFIN All Thangs R&B Party
Check out the CUFFIN All Thangs R&B Party NightLife Playlist on the NightLife Spotify page
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 7:45 - 8:25 PM - Step outside and kick it off with our opening act, all the way from Oakland, California, Sour Widows.
- 8:45 - 9:50 PM - Grab a spot to check out some dreamy jams by our headliner, indie pop band No Vacation
Music presented by Another Planet
7 - 9 PM
- Take the plunge and join Late Aster for a one-of-a-kind performance in front of one of the deepest and largest living coral displays in the world.
Music presented by Mellow Sessions
6 - 10 PM
- Grab a limited edition NightLife LIVE 2023 tee from San Franpsycho with designs by artist Felicia Ann
- Stroll through a pop-up marketplace and stock up on everything from original art prints to new and used vinyl featuring:
6 - 10 PM
- Move to the music of Cuffin All Thangs R&B Party and check out some of the coolest pieces from Helvella Art, an artist-run gallery and studio showcasing contemporary fine art in Oakland.
6 - 10 PM
- Make your festival memories last with a customized wristband or dreamy flower crown with materials and help from Museum of Craft and Design.
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
Jam out to musicians across genres from indie pop to hip hop and funk to bossa nova at our crowd favorite outdoor summer concert series. From July to October, every second Thursday night will feature a different NightLife LIVE lineup of music, art, and science.
We’re transforming the Academy into the ultimate eclectic music venue where you can groove to a spectrum of artists alongside our iconic exhibits (aquarium and chill anyone?). Catch live outdoor performances on the West Garden stage, explore an art show and artist market featuring local artists curated by Helvella Art, experience Mellow Sessions’ jazz-fusion melodies next to our 25 ft deep Philippine Coral Reef, and more.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm — our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Café only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Santa Claude is comin’ to town! Shop your heart away at our merry marketplace of gift-worthy treasures.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.