Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife LIVE: September 14
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Sounds by Sazon Libre
Check out Sazon Libre's exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify page
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 7:45 - 8:30 PM - Step outside to kick off the night with some “music to stretch to” from Brooklyn-based Isaiah Mostafa backed by a full band.
- 8:45 - 9:45 PM - Stick around for the mainstage debut of San Francisco’s dynamic duo of hip hop, A-1 & Baghead.
7 - 9 PM
- Take the plunge and join Vooo for a one-of-a-kind performance in front of one of the deepest and largest living coral displays in the world.
Music presented by Mellow Sessions
6 - 10 PM
- Grab a limited edition NightLife LIVE 2023 tee from San Franpsycho with designs by artist Felicia Ann
- Stroll through a pop-up marketplace and stock up on everything from original art prints to new and used vinyl featuring:
6 - 10 PM
- Move to the music of Sazon Libre and check out some of the coolest pieces from Helvella Art, an artist-run gallery and studio showcasing contemporary fine art in Oakland.
6 - 10 PM
- Make your festival memories last with a customized wristband or dreamy flower crown with materials and help from Museum of Craft and Design.
Death by Chocolate
Tonight's featured menu items available for purchase are made with Alter Eco Sustainable Chocolate:
At the Bars:
In the Academy Café:
Brown Butter Chocolate Quinoa Brittle
Dark Chocolate Granola Pecan Quinoa Brittle
Plus, snag some free chocolate at the Alter Eco Booth in the Swamp!
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
Jam out to musicians across genres from indie pop to hip hop and funk to bossa nova at our crowd favorite outdoor summer concert series. From July to October, every second Thursday night will feature a different NightLife LIVE lineup of music, art, and science.
We’re transforming the Academy into the ultimate eclectic music venue where you can groove to a spectrum of artists alongside our iconic exhibits (aquarium and chill anyone?). Catch live outdoor performances on the West Garden stage, explore an art show and artist market featuring local artists curated by Helvella Art, experience Mellow Sessions’ jazz-fusion melodies next to our 25 ft deep Philippine Coral Reef, and more.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Please note: The rainforest will be closed for infrastructure maintenance during this event.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must be enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Café only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
In honor of Steinhart Aquarium’s 100th anniversary, let's party like it’s 1923 & celebrate a century of wonder.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.