Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: May 27 is now SOLD OUT
Update: General Admission for this event is SOLD OUT
Calling all creatures of the night: explore the nocturnal side of the Academy at NightLife and see what's revealed. With live DJs, outdoor bars, ambiance lighting, and nearly 40,000 live animals (including familiar faces like Claude the albino alligator), the night is sure to be wild.
Reserve your entry to the iconic Shake House and our four-story Rainforest, where you can explore the Amazon’s treetops surrounded by free-flying birds and butterflies.
Venture into our latest aquarium exhibit Venom to encounter live venomous animals and learn the power of venom to both harm and heal.
Visit the BigPicture exhibit in the Piazza to marvel at the most recent winners of the BigPicture Natural Photography competition.
Bask in the glow of one of the largest living coral reef displays in the world: our 212,000-gallon Philippine Coral Reef tank.
A few don't-miss details:
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to physically distance, NightLife will be limited to 20% capacity and have timed-entry tickets. While expanded programming ramps back up, NightLife will only be on select Thursdays.
- Reservations are required for entry to the Osher Rainforest and the Shake House. Reservations are first-come, first-served and capacity is limited. Simply scan the QR code posted in the front lobby to reserve your entry time.
- Please note Morrison Planetarium is currently closed for NightLife guests until later this summer. Sign up for NightLife email updates and stay tuned for dome details.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All dining and drinking is permitted inside the Academy Cafe and outdoors in the West Garden.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- Be on the lookout for more information about VIP experiences as they rollout for NightLife later this summer.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals.
Live music + live science is always a win—get your fill of both at the official Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party.
Do androids dream of electric penguins? Expand your mind with a night of futuristic art and science.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
They broke rules, stereotypes, & glass ceilings. Meet the fearless scientists who challenged the status quo.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.