Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: Noise Pop
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Photo of musical artist, Neon Indian
Get ready to make some NOISE at the official NightLife Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party! With a headlining DJ set by Neon Indian, there’s no better way to celebrate Noise Pop’s 30th anniversary than with live music, live art, and of course, live science.
- A little electronic, a little synth-pop, a little dreamy: Neon Indian brings the sweet jams and the good vibes with the ultimate opening set.
- Make your DJ dreams come true and learn how to spin with Fingersnaps Media Arts, a creative and educational DJ studio located in the heart of the Mission.
- Bring some of the music magic home with one-of-a-kind art inspired by concert posters displayed at a mini pop-up art gallery with Lil Tuffy.
- San FranPsycho is on deck, live screen printing a special NightLife-only NoisePop design. Buy a freshly screen-printed shirt on-site or BYOT (bring your own thing, shirt or tote) for your own customized memento.
- Hey vinyl fans, where you at? Add to your collection and find that special record you’ve been looking for at our make-shift vinyl market.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals.
Live music + live science is always a win—get your fill of both at the official Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party.
Do androids dream of electric penguins? Expand your mind with a night of futuristic art and science.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
They broke rules, stereotypes, & glass ceilings. Meet the fearless scientists who challenged the status quo.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.