Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife with Cafe Ohlone
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
We’re teaming up with the iconic Cafe Ohlone for an immersive night sharing the beauty and vibrancy of Ohlone culture and traditions.
Sounds by Cheekie Fresco
Check out Cheekie Fresco's exclusive NightLife playlist on Spotify
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7pm, 8pm, & 9pm
- Sip a sampling of teas while Cafe Ohlone co-founders Vincent Medina and Louis Trevino share stories about Ohlone’s rich history, traditions and living culture. Learn about Ohlone culture and the impact colonization had on Ohlone people, and hear how the vibrant Ohlone people continue to thrive today.
The Sights & Sounds
6 - 10pm
- Watch our aquarium transform before your eyes into a mesmerizing art installation, featuring images from the Ohlone archives and a custom soundscape developed specifically for Cafe Ohlone.
Plus, grab a special cocktail created by the Cafe Ohlone team, made from traditional Ohlone cuisine ingredients.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
From bhangra to Pan Afro-Urban dance and Samba, see how the dance floor becomes a canvas for self-expression.
Sounds by Vitamin1000 DJs
See what makes the museum at night different.
Sashay into a night of greatness and glam as we celebrate the undeniable impact and artistry of drag.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 60,000 live animals.
We're serving more than looks in a night all about weaving connections through fashion.
Feel the beat of connection through the power of musical instruments.