Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Even us night owls could use a little more sleep. Hit the snooze button on life’s stressors and chill with us at our dreamiest NightLife yet.
Sounds by SAKE ONE
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- At 7:30 PM, Learn what different animals find comfy (from sleeping upside down to floating) in an intimate chat and Q&A with Dr. Renske Lok and Dr. Alejandra Echeverri.
- At 8:30 PM, Enter the dream world with Allison McCarthy (recently featured in Netflix and Vox Media’s The Mind, Explained) as she teaches us how to unlock The Hidden Potential of Dreams.
- Discover why a good night’s rest helps restore our minds to a more positive and social state with neuroscientist and sleep researcher, Eti Ben Simon, presenting The Emotional Brain in a Sleepless World
6 - 10 PM
- Create and take home your very own unique ‘sleep in a bottle’ signature scent with Nomad Botanicals. Use it as a pillow spray, room spray, or a body spray in your bedtime routine for a restful slumber.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep staff and guests safe, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative test result from within 48 hours of the event is required for entry, and boosters and indoor masking are strongly encouraged. Feeling under the weather? Please NightLife another time! View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Bird is the word! Flock over to NightLife for beers and birds in honor of this Oktoberfest tradition.
Touch, smell, hear, taste, and feel your way through the museum for a night that just makes sense.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. For adults 21+.
We’re dying to have you back at our annual Halloween bash for a spine-tingling night dead-icated to science!
Lil’ NightLife, Big Vibes. Join us for an evening devoted to all the small things— from microbes to tiny homes.
Spice up your Thursday night and take your tastebuds for a ride at our hottest NightLife yet.