Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Noise Pop NightLife
Spend an evening exploring the science of sound as NightLife kicks off the Noise Pop Music and Arts Festival with a headlining DJ set by Washed Out and opening sets by Bad Girl Bailey and femmelectric.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:00-7:15pm, Opening set by femmelectric
7:15-8:15pm, Opening set by SF-based Bad Girl Bailey
8:15-9:45pm, Headlining set by Washed Out
Washed Out is the recording name of chillwave pioneer Ernest Greene, best known for launching the synth-heavy, bedroom-pop sound of the early 2010s, and whose song, “Feel It All Around,” graced the opening credits of Portlandia.
7:00-10:00 pm, Grab a pair of headphones down in the aquarium for a silent disco with DJ Kayvon (7-9pm) and DJ Connor Griffith (9-10pm).
Noise Pop Fest Showcase
- Learn how to DJ with Fingersnaps Media Arts, a creative and educational DJ studio located in the heart of the Mission.
- Test illustrator Nigel Sussman’s imagination with your "party animal" request for him to draw.
- Feast your eyes on poster art at a mini pop-up art gallery with Lil Tuffy
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Calling all kaibigan: tropic like it’s hot for a night dedicated to Filipino arts, culture, and science.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.
Explore the multicultural—and multispecies—uses of ink. And hey, maybe even get a tattoo.