Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Noise Pop NightLife
Celebrate your love of indie music with NightLife, the official pre-party for the Noise Pop Music and Arts Festival—and the best way to spend Valentine’s Day.
Music by Nosaj Thing (DJ set); DJ sets by Lil’ Waifu, Arumi, and B-Side Brujas
Music presented by Noise Pop
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Art from the Heart
Learn about love songs from someone who knows them inside and out: Musician Thao Nguyen (of Thao & the Get Down Stay Down) will talk about the process and psychology of writing a love/lost love song and why we need them so much.
- 6 – 8:30 pm - Oakland-based all-female vinyl club B-Side Brujas will bring all the vibes with old-school soul and funky R&B throwbacks.
- 8:45 – 9:45 pm - Catch a DJ set from LA’s Nosaj Thing—chillwave originator, vocalist, and frequent collaborator with local favorite Toro y Moi (as Laff Trax).
Science Today, East Pavilion
Art and science collide in a performance by Chris Van Raalte (aka Vicar) and The BodySynth, a wearable device of his invention that transforms movements and gestures into sound.
6 – 10 pm
Satisfy your sweet tooth with organic chocolates from Ocho Candy and craft your own valentine with the help of Allison Collins, author and illustrator of the adult coloring book, “The Mystical Adventures of Daisy & Hutch”.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Planetarium Presenter Hannah will guide you on an R-rated mythological tour of the night sky!
Twist and turn through alien worlds and lose yourself in mesmerizing forms, colors, and music.
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife brings in experts to talk about the missions and spacecrafts currently on the search for exoplanets.
Dive into some of the greatest cosmic mysteries as NightLife travels to the ends of the observable universe.
This week, we’re shrinking down to size with a celebration of all things tiny, miniature, and microscopic.
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.