Tip: This event often sells out, we recommend purchasing tickets in advance.
Get into the groove for this celebration of equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride!
DJ Set by Brown Amy (Hard French) and Stanley Frank (Daytime Realness)
Join drag queen extraordinaire Heklina, co-founder of the internationally-acclaimed nightclub OASIS, for a drag show of fabulously unparalleled proportions.
In the Coral Reef, experience the celebratory, sexy stylings of DJs from Oakland’s exuberant Hella Gay Dance Party.
Inside the piazza, unleash your inner diva with a dance floor lit up like Studio 54.
Learn about the life and times of San Francisco disco icon Sylvester with biographer Joshua P. Gamson and guest speaker Marvin K. White of Glide Memorial.
Celebrate the first anniversary of 500 Queer Scientists, a project created by the Academy’s Dr. Lauren Esposito to raise the visibility of LGBTQ+ people (and allies) working in science, science education, and science advocacy.
In partnership with DoTheGay and Deep Eddy Vodka
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.