Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
Get into the groove for this celebration of equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride!
Got to be (Sur)Real! Drag Show
Join drag queen extraordinaire Heklina, host of the weekly “Mother” party at The Oasis, for “Got To Be (Sur)Real!”, a drag show of fabulously unparalleled proportions. Other performers include:
- House of Glitter
- Sue Casa
- Militia Towers
Don't Worry Beyoncé
Add some moves to your repertoire for the weekend parties to come with dance classes from ConfiDance Fitness instructors including:
- 7:00pm - ”Don’t Worry, Beyoncé”
- 8:00pm - “Twerk it Out.”
Hella Gay Dance Party
6:00 - 10:00pm
In the Coral Reef, experience the celebratory, sexy stylings of DJs from Oakland’s exuberant Hella Gay Dance Party.
Swagger Like Us
6:00 - 10:00pm
Inside the piazza, unleash your inner dance floor diva with a high-energy set by Swagger Like Us.
500 Queer Scientists Panel
(Forum Theater, 2nd Floor)
Celebrate the launch of 500 Queer Scientists, a project created by the Academy’s Dr. Lauren Esposito and Sean Edgerton to raise the visibility of LGBTQ+ people (and allies) working in science, science education, and science advocacy.
Learn about diverse queer histories through independent publishing with the Bay Area Queer Zine Fest featuring: Mixed Race Queer + Feminist Zine Collective, Emma Craig, Anand Vedawala, Maia Kobabe, Young Swigs Collective, Tara Rose, Queer Anxiety Babiez Distro.
Plus, Make festive rainbow molecular gastronomy balls with representatives from oSTEM@Stanford.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!