Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
Get into the groove for this celebration of equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride!
Got to be (Sur)Real! Drag Show
Join drag queen extraordinaire Heklina, host of the weekly “Mother” party at The Oasis, for “Got To Be (Sur)Real!”, a drag show of fabulously unparalleled proportions. Other performers include:
- House of Glitter
- Sue Casa
- Militia Towers
Don't Worry Beyoncé
Add some moves to your repertoire for the weekend parties to come with dance classes from ConfiDance Fitness instructors including:
- 7:00pm - ”Don’t Worry, Beyoncé”
- 8:00pm - “Twerk it Out.”
Hella Gay Dance Party
6:00 - 10:00pm
In the Coral Reef, experience the celebratory, sexy stylings of DJs from Oakland’s exuberant Hella Gay Dance Party.
Swagger Like Us
6:00 - 10:00pm
Inside the piazza, unleash your inner dance floor diva with a high-energy set by Swagger Like Us.
500 Queer Scientists Panel
(Forum Theater, 2nd Floor)
Celebrate the launch of 500 Queer Scientists, a project created by the Academy’s Dr. Lauren Esposito and Sean Edgerton to raise the visibility of LGBTQ+ people (and allies) working in science, science education, and science advocacy.
Learn about diverse queer histories through independent publishing with the Bay Area Queer Zine Fest featuring: Mixed Race Queer + Feminist Zine Collective, Emma Craig, Anand Vedawala, Maia Kobabe, Young Swigs Collective, Tara Rose, Queer Anxiety Babiez Distro.
Plus, Make festive rainbow molecular gastronomy balls with representatives from oSTEM@Stanford.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with after-hours science inside the greenest museum on Earth.
NightLife breaks down the science of fermentation—from beer to cheese and everything in between!
NightLife LIVE 2018 music series—performances in the West Garden by Classixx + SUMif, Co-presented by Noise Pop.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.