Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Get into the groove for this celebration of equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride! Join drag queen extraordinaire Heklina, host of the weekly “Mother” party at The Oasis, for “Got To Be (Sur)Real!”, a drag show of fabulously unparalleled proportions.
-----> Add some moves to your repertoire for the weekend parties to come with dance classes from ConfiDance Fitness instructors: ”Don’t Worry, Beyoncé” and “Twerk it Out.” In the Coral Reef, experience the celebratory, sexy stylings of DJs from Oakland’s exuberant Hella Gay Dance Party.
-----> Inside the piazza, unleash your inner dance floor diva with a high-energy set by Swagger Like Us.
-----> Celebrate the launch of 500 Queer Scientists, a project created by the Academy’s Dr. Lauren Esposito and Sean Edgerton to raise the visibility of LGBTQ+ people (and allies) working in science, science education, and science advocacy.
-----> Make festive rainbow molecular gastronomy balls with representatives from oSTEM@Stanford. Did you know that some of your favorite celestial constellations have queer histories? Check out a special planetarium presentation of Stargayze at 6:30 and 7:30 pm, followed by two showings of Earthquake.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
EARTHQUAKE EXHIBIT CLOSED
- Earthquake exhibit is closed in preparation for an all new exhibit.
*Please note—the Shake House will return in June with an all new look and feel!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Listen up as NightLife explores the science of rhythm—from the natural world to the world of electronic music.
Celebrate the California coast and discover the giant forces that make the golden state so special.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with after-hours science inside the greenest museum on the planet.