Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
SF Sketchfest NightLife
Music by New Wave City
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Paul F. Tompkins Hogs The Covers
6:30 - 7:30 PM
8:30 - 9:30 PM
7:00 - 8:15 PM
This Week In Science Podcast
8:00 - 9:00 PM
Grab a seat for a live recording of “This Week in Science”, the science and technology radio show that delivers an irreverent look at the week in science and technology.
Sketchfest Standup Showcase
8:45 - 9:45 PM
- Andrew Orolfo (Host)
- Florentina Tanase
- Armando Torres
- Aviva Siegel
- Vince Caldera
- Ian Levy
- Andrea Coleman
- John Hastings
Fake Docent Tours
Take a tour of the Steinhart Aquarium with The Norwegians of Comedy, our guest docents who may or may not know what they are talking about.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $5 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.
Come together and connect with the Bay’s AAPI community in an evening of music, storytelling, and fashion.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.
Catch a sneak peek of the new BigPicture exhibit, where life is wild and animals inspire us to be more human.