Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Spice up your Thursday night by taking your tastebuds for a ride at our hottest NightLife yet.
Sounds by Jay Midnight
Check out Jay Midnight's exclusive NightLife playlist on Spotify
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Keeping It Spicy
- Catch a live talk with Chef Haejin Chun of Big Bad Wolf, Pooja Bag of Diaspora Co,Tess Melody of Dose of Saucy and Chef Wendy Zeng, creator of “Chili Party”– a panel of trailblazing women representing their culture through spice. Discover how they’re owning their recipes and changing the culinary game with every bite.
The Hot Seat
6 - 10 PM
Ready to feel the burn? Join us for a tour of some of the most delectable hot sauces and spices in the Bay Area along with an abundance of small bites including a few very special flavors of wings courtesy of NightLife's own Chef Rob. Get spicy with:
- Diaspora Co- Let the spice experts at Diaspora Co. guide you through a smelling station to experience the unique aromas of various spices. Smell the difference fresh spices can make in this interactive demonstration.
- Dose of Saucy- Transport to Texas with Texan-style barbeque sauce samples from Dose of Saucy. Sample four of their delicious sauces on an array of small bites!
- Kula Nursery- Skip the sauce and put your spice tolerance to the test with chili peppers from Kula Nursery. Learn about the cultural significance behind these potent plants and their many culinary uses.
- Papalote Salsa- Known as “La Salsa de San Francisco,” this famous salsa is the culmination of nearly 50 years of family tradition, secret recipes, and culinary expertise right here in San Francisco. Get a taste of their iconic habañero salsa and experience maximum flavor and heat.
- Tia Lupita Hot Sauce- Bringing the authentic flavors of Mexico with sustainably sourced ingredients, Tia Lupita proves that simple ingredients don't mean simple flavors. Try one of their hot sauces for yourself with a side of nopales (cactus) chips, a grain-free superfood alternative to tortilla chips.
- Xốt Bé Long- Inspired by the variety of authentic Vietnamese and Mexican food throughout San Jose, Xốt Bé Long offers a one-of-a-kind family recipe that will make you want to put their sauce on everything. Taste what the hype is all about with a sample of their Xốt(sauce) on top of some fresh tater tots!
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.
Get your move on for a night that’s all about our devotion to motion.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. For adults 21+.
Mahjong parlor. Tattoo pop-up. Local eats. We’ve got everything you need to celebrate Lunar New Year.