Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
DJ set by Raymond Fernandez
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- At 7:30pm, catch a live talk on everything you need to know about rum and tropical cocktails from the experts at Last Rites in San Francisco.
- At 8:30pm, get lost in the tropics with a series of talks and panel discussions from the National Geographic Explorers featuring:
- At 7:00pm, stop by for a pop-up talk from California Carnivores on some of the world’s most exotic carnivorous plants.
- At 8:00pm, grab a seat and learn about the role that fungi plays in the tropics of the world with Dr. Jessie Uehling from UC Berkeley.
Beyond The Reef
6p - 9p
Dive into the deep blue to catch an impromptu performance from the San Francisco Ukulele Rebellion.
Project Lab & Swamp
6p - 10p
Chat with experts from Stanford, UC Berkeley, and our very own Academy on a variety of subjects including tropical forest conservation, archaeological research, the legacy of nuclear testing, and more. Plus see the flora of the tropics in a whole new light with photography and tropical plant inspired installations by LA artist, Maggie West.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Embark on a journey into the hidden world of coral reefs.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Come dressed to go “Under the Sea” and celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of coral reefs.
NightLife partners with SF Design Week to explore the many ways design impacts lives, culture, and science.
NightLife gets under your skin with the opening of our newest exhibit!
Celebrate love, equality, and the rainbow spectrum of self-expression at NightLife's annual LGBTQ Pride party.