Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Women in Science NightLife
We’re kicking off Women’s History Month by hearing from local women in science at the helm of human health research.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Women in Science Panel
- Join Ologies podcast host Alie Ward leading a panel of Bay Area scientists as they discuss their latest discoveries amidst the ongoing pandemic.
- Grab a seat for a series of crash courses across the scientific spectrum led by women scientists from all around the Bay Area.
- At 7:30 PM
- Naima Sharaf, Stanford
- Devaki Bhaya, Carnegie Institution for Science
- Kelly Chauvin, Stanford
- Angie Nakano, SMC Mosquito & Vector Control District
- At 8:30 PM
- Diana Laird, UCSF
- Kate Montana, Cal Academy
- Andrea Swei, SFSU
- Erin Mordecai, Stanford
Women in Science Showcase
6 - 10 PM
- From virology to arachnology to marine biology, bounce from table to table to find out what all of the Bay Area’s leading women in science have been up to.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep staff and guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets. All guests must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and a booster shot (if eligible), and all guests must wear a mask indoors. Feeling under the weather? Please NightLife another time! View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.)
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
In this Tour of the Universe, we will explore a few of the amazing contributions women have made to astronomy.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Bird is the word! Flock over to NightLife for beers and birds in honor of this Oktoberfest tradition.
Touch, smell, hear, taste, and feel your way through the museum for a night that just makes sense.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. For adults 21+.
We’re dying to have you back at our annual Halloween bash for a spine-tingling night dead-icated to science!
Lil’ NightLife, Big Vibes. Join us for an evening devoted to all the small things— from microbes to tiny homes.
Spice up your Thursday night and take your tastebuds for a ride at our hottest NightLife yet.