Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Year of the Dog NightLife
Music by DJ King Most
Get a second chance to kick off a new year when NightLife rings in the Year of the Dog with a night devoted to canine companions and Lunar New Year traditions.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:30 & 8:30pm
-----> Begin the celebration with a powerful lion dance performance and ceremony by SF’s own Jing Mo Athletic Association, a Chinatown-based martial arts performance troupe.
Year of the Rescue Dogs
6:00 - 9:00pm
-----> And how would we celebrate the year of the dog without actual dogs (plus their relatives)? Head outside to the family reunion—the Canidae family, that is. Soothe your soul and meet adoption- and foster-ready dogs from Copper’s Dream Animal Rescue.
The Wild Dog Relatives
Shows at 7:00 & 8:00pm
-----> Meet the fennec fox (Vulpes zerda) and other canine relatives when Classroom Safari brings their always-popular educational animal show back to the West Garden.
Chinese New Year Traditions
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Chat about the history and contributions of Chinese-Americans with in-the-know historians from the Chinese Historical Society of America and dig deep into China’s vast and storied past with the Stanford Archaeology Center.
-----> Plus, learn about the mission of the California Wolf Center and the work they do to help restore gray wolves (Canis lupus) to their original wild habitats.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Programming lineup subject to change.
EARTHQUAKE CLOSES MARCH 4th
Don’t miss your last chance to explore the seismic science of our ever-changing planet in this popular exhibit. Discover what happens when tectonic plates shift, view stunning geologic specimens from our Earth’s core, and learn what you can do to stay prepared for future earthquakes. Please note—the Shake House will return in June with an all new look and feel!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Narrated by George Takei, Incoming! explores the past, present, and future of our Solar System.