Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Beer Garden NightLife: SOLD OUT
Update: General admission for this event is now SOLD OUT!
Every beer tells a story—and this week, NightLife follows the brewing process from botanical inception to foamy finish.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:00 - 10:00pm
Taste your way through a pop-up beer garden with local breweries slinging their best botanical-forward brews, including
- Magnolia Brewing Company
- Anchor Brewing
- Drake's Brewing Company
- Ballast Point
- Fort Point
- Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- Pacific Brewing Laboratory
- Black Hammer Brewing
- Triple Voodoo
- Golden State Cider
*Don’t leave without treating your tastebuds to NightLife’s signature craft beer, Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Co. with plant types found on the Academy’s living roof.
Beer Ticket Prices:
$2 for 1 ticket 1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste 4-6 tickets for 12-ounce full beer Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
Note: Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in the East Garden. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables, only beer tickets.
6:00 - 10:00pm
Want to plant your own beer garden? Chat with plant connoisseurs from Sutro Stewards and learn about native California plants that go into your favorite brews.
Sustainability in Hops
(Science Today, East Pavilion)
Learn how ReGrained upcycles grains leftover from beer-brewing to create SuperGrain+ and taste some of their healthy granola snacks. No plants? No booze.
Music by Push the Feeling DJs (Kevin Meenan, Glenn Jackson, Touchless, and PARKO)
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Explore the Academy through rose-colored glasses: Tonight we’re celebrating the wonderful world of color.
NightLife partners with SF Beer Week for a froth-filled evening of brews!
Come celebrate your Valentine's, Palentine's or Galentine's at the official Noise Pop Music Festival pre-party.
Kick off the Year of the Pig with lion dancers, masked performers, and pigs!