Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Beyond Human NightLife
Programming Presented by Seeker
Seeker—the #1 most engaging science brand on social media—brings its signature blend of wonder and innovation to the Academy with a series of talks, live demos, and experiments featuring robots, VR experiences, and future food.
Schedule of Events
Space & Sci-Fi
- At 7:30, The Human Body in Space
What if there was a way to test how your cells would react to a medicine -- and if it would be safe and effective for you -- before ever taking it? From the Center for Advancement of Science in Space, Dr. Liz Warren will discuss tissue engineering on the ISS and advancements in biomedical science.
- At 8:30, Bad Science Podcast Live
Seeker’s original podcast, Bad Science, breaks down all the science facts and fiction of your favorite films. They’ll be live with special guest, Comedian Paul Scheer (Veep, The League, The Disaster Artist) discussing a major sci-fi movie.
360 Degree Video Experience of Our Ever-Changing City brought to you by Enterprise
Science Today, East Pavilion
6 - 10 pm
- Travel back in time and 100 years into the future with this 360-degree experience brought to you by Enterprise. Guests will see how San Francisco’s iconic Market Street and the city’s infrastructure will change throughout the next century, how Bay Area citizens will live, and even how the city’s skyline will change shape by 2100.
Deep Dream Vision Quest
6 - 10 pm
- Checkout designer Gary Boodhoo’s DEEPDREAMVISIONQUEST video installation in the Philippine Coral Reef.
Huberman VR Lab | Stanford School of Medicine
Nature Now, West Pavilion
6 - 10 pm
- Visit the Virtual Human Emotion Lab, where you’ll see how virtual reality technology is being used to induce "real" emotional states in a lab setting to measure changes in behavior, physiology, and cognitive performance.
More to Explore
6 - 10 pm
- Taste the future of food with JUST, whose world-class scientists and Michelin-starred chefs leverage cutting-edge innovation to create delicious, more sustainable foods like the first-of-its-kind Just Egg, made from the 4,400 year old mung bean and eat-it-raw Just Cookie Dough.
- Try out the trippy applications of NeuroSky electroencephalography (EEG) headsets. Control holograms, open boxes, and use your brainwaves to steer a ball through an obstacle course.
- Marvel at suitX, the world’s lightest and most advanced medical exoskeleton and learn how suitX gives wearers the freedom to walk, climb stairs, drive automobiles, and perform any maneuver with absolutely no restriction.
Music by DJ Quan Zou
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
As we gear up to go further into space for longer than ever before, what is in store?
Upcoming NightLife Events
Set sail for a journey to the Galápagos Islands and learn about the place that inspired Darwin, NightLife-style.
It’s a matter of NightLife and death when we team up with the Reimagine Festival to examine the big questions.
An electric night awaits as NightLife digs into A.I and the ways in which it’s transforming our world.
We’re going back in time with our Dino Days festival—and the most popular dinosaur movie of all time.