Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Explore the mysteries beyond our solar system with a night dedicated to the search for extraterrestrials.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Join experts from NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View & METI (Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence) for fascinating talks on exoplanets and the possibilities of life beyond Earth—including what it might look like to live on Mars:
- 7:00pm - Ed Bendek and Rus Belikov will talk about the future of exploration and possible travel to our closest star system, Alpha Centauri.
- 7:45pm - A planetary scientist at Ames, Dr. Carol Stoker specializes in the search for life in extreme environments, including the robotic exploration of Mars.
- 8:30pm - Learn about the work of METI (Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence) and their search for life beyond Earth with an interactive panel of diverse experts including: Dalia Rawson, Laura Welcher, William Alba, Ted Peters, Alexander Rose and Ariel Waldman.
6:00 - 10:00pm
Explore space virtually with the experiential art shows of Dream Logic VR.
6:00 - 10:00pm, Launch your spaceship (aka ball) into the starfield (aka playfield) with a set of intergalactic pinball machines from the Pacific Pinball Museum.
6:00 - 10:00pm, Near the Project Lab, learn about some of the most intriguing space-related Kickstarter projects, including plans to launch student projects into space via the Pong Sat and a design for a sustainable city on Mars.
The Underground Engine
6:00 - 10:00pm, Explore a new world with the VR project and projection from The Underground Engine.
Music by DJs Mophono, Chris Orr, and Jaysonik with live performances by Dakim and HiScores.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Programming lineup subject to change.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Join us for a live planetarium show as we discuss the future of the search for extraterrestrial life.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Science, tech, and innovation collide when NightLife partners with Seeker to explore the future of humanity.
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with after-hours science inside the greenest museum on Earth.
NightLife breaks down the science of fermentation—from beer to cheese and everything in between!
NightLife LIVE 2018 music series—performances in the West Garden by Classixx + SUMif, Co-presented by Noise Pop.