Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Go big or go home. Get ready for a NightLife of Jurassic proportions celebrating our newest exhibit, The World’s Largest Dinosaurs. Be one of the first to experience this mega-sized exhibit and meet the largest land animals that ever lived: long-necked and long-tailed sauropods (some of which grew to be longer than 150 feet! That’s some big dino energy). Plus, learn about paleoart, play dinosaur trivia, listen to dino-mite live music, and more.
Sounds by DJ Saurus
Check out DJ Saurus' exclusive NightLife playlist on the NightLife Spotify page
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Dino It All
- At 7:30 PM, From coloration to scales and size, learn how Charles Nye and other paleoartists combine elements from the past with details of the present to bring dinosaurs back to life.
- At 8:30 PM, Are you a true dino pro? Test your knowledge with trivia—hosted by Garret and Sabrina, the husband and wife team behind the popular weekly dinosaur podcast, I Know Dino.
6:30 - 9:30 PM
- Jam out to colossal sounds from Awesöme Orchestra with a live 150+ person performance of the scores from dino-centric film favorites Jurassic Park and The Land Before Time.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Let your inner ‘saurus ROAR and craft custom Jurassic wearable accessories with the Museum of Craft and Design. Use faux palm fronds, fossil and bone replicas, pebbles, and more to create a style that’ll never go extinct.
- Need more dino knowledge? Visit with the folks at UC Museum of Paleontology to learn more about these fascinating prehistoric creatures.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- NightLife guests are no longer required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Valid, physical photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
See what happens when art and nature collide at this NightLife honoring 10 years of BigPicture.
We’re closing out NightLife LIVE with grungy-synth sounds from Tanukichan & our soulful opener Lalin St. Juste.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
One, two, NightLife’s comin’ for you. This Halloween, don’t sleep on NightLife.
Once a year the living & dead reunite. Join us in honoring departed souls in celebration of Día de los Muertos.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.