Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife in Space: The Moon
NightLife goes to the Moon and back, exploring the origins of space travel and the art it inspires.
Prepare for a night of visual and aural explorations as MUTEK.SF, a city-wide festival celebrating innovative electronic art and music, presents immersive fulldome shows in the planetarium and live performances and DJ sets throughout the museum.
Digi Lab: Live Talks
- At 7:00 PM, “Envisioning Art in Space” with SMITH and Loft Orbital
- At 8:00 PM, “Space as Muse: Looking into the Cosmos for Inspiration” with Heather D’Angelo (Au Revoir Simone), Craig Dorety, and Eva Schlegel
- At 9:00 PM, Brad Bailey (NASA) on Community Development at the Solar System Exploration Research Virtual Institute (SSERVI)
MUTEK Music Showcase I
MUTEK Music Showcase II
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Come together and connect with the Bay’s AAPI community in an evening of music, storytelling, and fashion.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.
Catch a sneak peek of the new BigPicture exhibit, where life is wild and animals inspire us to be more human.