Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife LIVE: July
Live performances by Com Truise
Support by The Seshen
DJ set by Chulita Vinyl Club
Co-presented by Noise Pop
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:30 - 8:30pm
Bay Area-based six-piece The Seshen will open up the evening with an R&B-infused selection of synth-pop.
8:45 - 9:45pm
Synthwave Star Com Truise headlines the night with an electrifying set.
Chulita Vinyl Club
6:00 - 10:00pm
The national “all-girl all-vinyl” collective, Chulita Vinyl Club, keeps the party going inside the museum all night long.
6:00 - 10:00pm
Keep your senses stimulated between sets with VR experiences by Dream Logic and Vision Quest, which offer new perspectives on the natural world—and your own.
Art, Albums and Screen Prints
(Swamp & Project Lab)
6:00 - 9:50pm
Spruce up your record collection by visiting Amoeba Records’ pop-up shop and collect all of San Franpsycho’s “one-night-only” screen printed shirts designed just for NightLife LIVE. Plus, creativity workshops & button making with Paint Pens Collective.
*Please note premier ticket price for NightLife LIVE events: $22 per person, $18 for Academy members
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences, the museum’s weekly Thursday night party for science-curious adults 21+, launches its fourth annual NightLife LIVE summer music series. This year’s headliners include Com Truise, Classixx, and Kevin Morby along with supporting acts The Seshen, Caleborate, SUMif and Tanukichan. In true NightLife style, SF’s top DJs will keep the party going throughout the museum, including rotating sets by Chulita Vinyl Club, B-Side Brujas, and Sweater Funk.
This year’s NightLife LIVE events will take place on July 12th, August 9th, September 13th, and October 11th, in addition to the Academy’s regular NightLife events held every week. Partnering with Bay Area music promoters Noise Pop, Outside Lands, and Treasure Island Music Festival, NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art. The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, and living rainforest, live performances on an outdoor stage transform the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Power down, turn up. You're now entering a phone-free zone with an experimental night dedicated to life offline.
Join us for an evening dedicated to the inspiring intersections of science and art.
From fossil-inspired Pokémon to classic games & a Super Smash Bros. tournament, this NightLife it’s Game On.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.