Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife LIVE: September
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
-------> Begin the night getting swept away by the dreamy ambient electronic music of Japan-based producer Qrion.
-------> Chill out with sample-based electronic music from headliner Ryan Hemsworth, whose moody vibes and remixes for artists including Grimes and Frank Ocean made him one of the fastest rising producers in the genre.
Stage visuals by ALL OF IT NOW!
6:00 - 10:00 pm
------> Light up the night with Quarso's intergalactic monolithic SpaceWay installation, Lynn Bryant's illuminated Sentient Obelisk and Ingham Media's Symmetrical Chaos.
Bay Area Pop-Ups
6:00 - 10:00pm
------> Browse used vinyl from Amoeba San Francisco and head to the screen printing pros at San Franpsycho to check out their special edition August NightLife LIVE design.
*Bring your own garment (clothing, tote bag, etc) to be printed for $10. Shirts w/ prints can be purchased and printed for $25.
(Swamp and Project Lab)
6:00 - 9:00pm
------> Make nature-inspired crafts with Julia Jane Moore and let your creative juices flow with Paint Pens Collective.
Aaron Axelsen & Omar Perez DJ Set
6:00 - 10:00pm
------> Get your groove on with Popscene DJs - Aaron Axelsen and Omar Perez. Plus check out the robot inspired digital SmART gallery put on by DayLighted and Artbots by Liz Mamorsky.
Dream Logic VR Experience
6:00 - 10:00pm
-------> Keep your senses stimulated between sets with VR experiences by Dream Logic, helping you see the natural world in a whole new way.
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
This year’s NightLife LIVE events will take place on July 13, August 10, September 14, and October 12, in addition to the Academy’s regular NightLife events held every week. Partnering with Bay Area music promoters Noise Pop, Outside Lands, and Popscene, NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art.
The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, and living rainforest, live performances on an outdoor stage transform the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
- The Academy's Osher Rainforest will be closed for updates from September 5-October 12, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience. The rainforest will re-open on October 13 with a brand new, immersive cave experience and many more exciting updates.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Programming schedule and lineup subject to change.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Listen up as NightLife explores the science of rhythm—from the natural world to the world of electronic music.
Celebrate the California coast and discover the giant forces that make the golden state so special.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with after-hours science inside the greenest museum on the planet.