Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife LIVE: September
*Please note premier ticket price for NightLife LIVE events: $22 per person, $18 for Academy members
This week, get ready to get down to the inspired sounds of LA-based DJ duo CLASSIXX, whose ultra-inventive remixes and original uptempo tracks alike have earned them a cult following.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
7:45 - 8:30pm SF electro-pop artist SUMif will get the party started with infectious, dance-inducing tracks from her 2018 release Pretty Cage.
8:45 - 9:50pm Get ready to get down to the inspired sounds of LA-based DJ duo CLASSIXX, whose ultra-inventive remixes and original uptempo tracks alike have earned them a cult following.
6:00 - 10:00pm Explore a colorful and interactive art installation called Zoa created by frequent Burning Man collaborator Martin Taylor and his collective Chromaforms in the West Garden.
6:00 - 10:00pm Keep your senses stimulated between sets with VR experiences by Dream Logic and Vision Quest, which offer new perspectives on the natural world—and your own.
Art, Albums and Screen Prints
(Swamp & Project Lab)
6:00 - 9:50pm
Get hands-on with science-inspired crafts and creativity workshops with Paint Pens Collective, spruce up your record collection by visiting Amoeba Records’ pop-up shop, and collect all of San Franpsycho’s “one-night-only” screen printed shirts designed just for NightLife LIVE. *BYOB Screen print only - $10; Shirt and Print - $25
ABOUT NIGHTLIFE LIVE
NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences, the museum’s weekly Thursday night party for science-curious adults 21+, launches its fourth annual NightLife LIVE summer music series. This year’s headliners include Com Truise, Classixx, and Kevin Morby along with supporting acts The Seshen, Caleborate, SUMif and Tanukichan. In true NightLife style, SF’s top DJs will keep the party going throughout the museum, including rotating sets by Chulita Vinyl Club, B-Side Brujas, and Sweater Funk.
This year’s NightLife LIVE events will take place on July 12th, August 9th, September 13th, and October 11th, in addition to the Academy’s regular NightLife events held every week. Partnering with Bay Area music promoters Noise Pop, Outside Lands, and Treasure Island Music Festival, NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art. The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, and living rainforest, live performances on an outdoor stage transform the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with after-hours science inside the greenest museum on Earth.
NightLife breaks down the science of fermentation—from beer to cheese and everything in between!
NightLife LIVE 2018 music series—performances in the West Garden by Classixx + SUMif, Co-presented by Noise Pop.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of human health and wellness.