Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Buy ahead to skip the line and save on tickets. 21+.
Get your move on at an evening all about our devotion to motion. From scientific talks to breakdancing performances and boxing sessions, learn about and experience the magic of how animals and humans maneuver through the world!
Sounds by DJBADDJ
Check out DJBADDJ's exclusive NightLife playlist on Spotify
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
On The Floor
- At 8:00 PM, The dancers at All Aspect Collective are here to bust a move with performances that combine breakdancing choreography with high level energy, freestyle, and moves that will get you in the groove.
- At 8:30 PM, See how far the human body can bend and coil in a twisted contortionist act from Saffi Watson of Club Fugazi’s Dear San Francisco.
- At 9:00 PM, Fashionably late? Catch the encore performance from breaking crew All Aspect Collective before we open the dance floor one more time for the night.
- At 7:30 PM, What do spotted hyenas and coyotes have in common? Mammalogist Christine Wilkinson, PHD will break down what these carnivorous creatures can teach us about human-carnivore interactions.
- At 8:30 PM, Dig into the connections between movement and personality with Chris Schell, PhD, who will share how researchers are using movement data to gain information on coyote activity patterns, travel paths, and more to identify important behaviors from foraging to migrating.
Rumble in the Reef
7:00 - 7:30 PM
8:00 - 8:30 PM
- Let’s get ready to Rumble! Join our friends from Rumble Boxing for a drop-in mini boxing sesh or two in the aquarium with an unparalleled coral reef view.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals.
Live music + live science is always a win—get your fill of both at the official Noise Pop Music Fest pre-party.
Do androids dream of electric penguins? Expand your mind with a night of futuristic art and science.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.
They broke rules, stereotypes, & glass ceilings. Meet the fearless scientists who challenged the status quo.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different.