Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Music by DJ Jamie Jams
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with an evening of after-hours science inside the greenest museum on the planet.
-----> Put your noggin—and everything you’ve learned at the Academy—to the test with science-inspired trivia from Brainstormer.
-----> Learn about the fascinating world of herps—that would be amphibians, reptiles, and caecilians—with a display of specimens from the Academy’s herpetology collection.
-----> Want science you can eat and drink? Head outside to The Terrace Restaurant & Bar for its monthly “Adult Chemistry” pairings event—this month, they’re featuring Savage & Cooke, a new distillery located on the historic Mare Island near American Canyon. Owner Dave Phinney will talk about the science of the distillery’s approach to its range of brown spirits, including two tequilas, a bourbon, and a whiskey—and you’ll get to taste them all.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Get some inspiration for your summer grilling and sink your teeth into a night of international smoky flavors.
A NightLife LIVE Summer 2018 music series—performances by Com Truise + The Seshen, Presented by Noise Pop.
Every beer tells a story— this week, NightLife follows the brewing process from botanical start to fizzy finish
Peep the fifth-annual wildlife photography exhibit before it opens and learn the latest in photography!