Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife celebrates the best of the Academy with an evening of after hours science inside the greenest museum on the planet.
Shoot to Save
-----> Catch a special conversation by science journalist Dr. Jason G. Goldman with Seeker host and sci-news personality Trace Dominguez, as they explore Goldman's reporting adventure to Tajikistan for Shoot to Save, his latest story for the Academy's online magazine bioGraphic. Hear stories from the field and learn about the surprising way that conservationists are relying on trophy hunters to protect a rare mountain goat and the snow leopards that prey on them.
(The Terrace / West Garden)
Tastings from 6:00 - 9:30pm
Talks @ 7:30 & 8:30pm
-----> Head outside to The Terrace Restaurant & Bar for some “Adult Chemistry”—this month, enjoy a tasting with Drake’s Brewing Company.
Discover the secrets behind their wide varieties of beer—Barrel Master Travis Camacho and his “Barrel Minions” never cease to amaze!
Tastings of 4 - $18; Special pairings menu is separate.
World's Largest Mammals
6:00 - 8:30pm
-----> Check out some of the world's largest mammal skulls from the Academy's resident Skull expert, Ray Bandar.
Earl's Organic Produce Samples
6:00 - 9:00pm
-----> Get seasonal with Earl's Organics and taste some of their fresh figs. Plus, learn the science behind their harvest!
Music by DJ Jay Midnight
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Programming lineup subject to change.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore two of today’s greatest cosmic mysteries—dark matter and dark energy!
Upcoming NightLife Events
It’s that time of year—when toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist.
The NightLife LIVE season comes to a close with a dreamy, fuzzed out performance from DIIV and Black Marble.
Explore the mysteries beyond our solar system with a night dedicated to the search for extraterrestrials.
The creatures come out at NightLife when the Academy transforms into a spine-tingling tribute to '80s horror.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.