Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
SF Beer Week NightLife
Music by Sweater Funk DJs
Pop-up Beer Hall
(Piazza & Swamp)
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Take your time tasting the mighty fine selection of seasonal specials from 12 different brewers including:
- Anchor Brewing
- Ale Industries
- Pacific Brewing Lab
- Magnolia Brewing Company
- Drake’s Brewing
- Triple Voodoo
- Social Kitchen
- Black Hammer Brewing
- Pacific Brewing Laboratory
- Uncommon Brewers
- TW Pitchers
- Fort Point Beer Company
-----> Plus, do not miss NightLife’s signature craft beer, Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Company with plant types found on the Academy’s living roof.
The Evolution of Beer
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Learn about the evolution of Beer Label design in our Beer Label Art Gallery, presented by design firm, Gamut SF.
Then check out the complex chemical reactions and ingredients that make up your favorite beer by learning about yeast and the fermentation process with Dr. Lucy Xie of Stanford.
Admiral Maltings Talk w/ Dave McLean
(Science Today, East Pavilion)
-----> Get the inside scoop on the new local company producing high quality local grain malt from Magnolia Brewing Company owner Dave McLean.
Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in African Hall. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables throughout the museum, only beer tickets.
Beer Ticket Prices:
$2 for 1 ticket
1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste
4-6 tickets for 12-ounce full beer
Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Explore the immense scale of the known Universe in this live presentation that leaves Earth far behind.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Tonight is a #TBT of epic proportions: Celebrate 10 years of our “new” Academy home for our 10th anniversary!
It’s that time of year—when toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist.
Close out your San Francisco summer with the final NightLife LIVE performance of the year from Kevin Morby.