Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
SF Beer Week NightLife
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pop-Up Beer Hall
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Take your time tasting the mighty fine selection of seasonal specials from different brewers including:
- Drake’s Brewing
- Golden State Cider
- Ghost Town Brewing
- Black Hammer Brewing
- Fort Point Beer Company
- New Bohemia Brewing Company
- Uncommon Brewers
- T.W. Pitchers Brewing Company
- Laughing Monk Brewing
- Magnolia Brewing
- Anchor Brewing
-----> Plus, do not miss NightLife’s signature craft beer, Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Company with plant types found on the Academy’s living roof.
Science of Suds
6p - 10p
- Chat with plant and beer lovers from the California Native Plant Society, play a few “Beer and Botany” games, and learn about their IPAs (Important Plant Areas) for IPAs (India Pale Ales) project #IPAs4IPAs
- Join Dr. Gordon Walker from UC Davis to get a closeup look at the microbial interactions that take place during fermentation and learn how modulating yeast metabolisms can affect the smell and taste of your favorite brews.
Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in African Hall. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables throughout the museum, only beer tickets.
Beer Ticket Prices:
$2 for 1 ticket
1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste
4-6 tickets for 12-ounce full beer
Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join us to explore the history and science of beer, taking full advantage of our 75-foot dome.
Travel through space and time to experience the dramatic lives and deaths of stars. Narrated by Whoopi Goldberg.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Set sail for a journey to the Galápagos Islands and learn about the place that inspired Darwin, NightLife-style.
It’s a matter of NightLife and death when we team up with the Reimagine Festival to examine the big questions.
An electric night awaits as NightLife digs into AI and the ways in which it’s transforming our world.
We’re going back in time with our Dino Days festival—and the most popular dinosaur movie of all time.