Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
It’s time to raise a glass for NightLife’s annual salute to brews and the ocean’s most legendary apex predators.
DJ Set by BFF.fm
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Live Talks: Into The Deep
At 9:00 PM, Stay for a panel discussion featuring the director of Hidden Pacific, Ian Shive, and hosted by David McGuire, Shark Stewards founder and director.
Pop-up Beer Hall
6:00 - 9:45 PM
Sip your way through a pop-up beer hall with libations on tap from local brewery favorites, featuring:
**Please Note** Beer tasting tickets are available for purchase in the Piazza. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables, only beer tickets.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
Check out cool art from the Academy’s science illustrators Sean Edgerton and Rachel Diaz-Bastin and chat with researchers and ocean conservationists.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Dave Ebert has made finding lost sharks his life’s work and he’ll share some of his latest discoveries.
Check out a special screening of "Hidden Pacific", the new film that explores amazingly untouched environments.
Embark on a journey into the hidden world of coral reefs in this all-digital planetarium show.