Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
It’s that time of year again—when toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Sip your way through a pop-up beer garden with libations on tap from dozens of local breweries including:
- Ale Industries
- Anchor Brewing Co.
- Black Hammer Brewing Co.
- Drake's Brewing
- Harmonic Brewing Co.
- Headlands Brewing
- Laughing Monk Brewing
- Lost Coast Brewery
- Magnolia Brewing Co.
- Pacific Brewing Laboratory
Plus, treat your tastebuds to NightLife’s signature craft beer Aliciella Bitter, brewed by Magnolia Brewing Co. with plant types found on the museum’s living roof!
*Beer Garden good times and atmosphere provided by the fine DJs at BFF.fm.
- 7:30pm - Learn what it takes to discover a new shark species with Vicky Vásquez, graduate student at the Pacific Shark Research Center, who named the Ninja Lanternshark.
- 8:30pm - Get a crash course in shark behavior with great white shark expert Dr. John McCosker, the Academy’s Chair Emeritus of Aquatic Biology and learn about shark migrations from Tim White, graduate student at Stanford’s Hopkins Marine Station.
Virtual Shark Tank
(Science Today, East Pavilion)
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Drop by the East Pavilion for a 3D tour of a shark, using Lifeliqe’s “mixed reality” HoloLens.
6:45 & 7:15pm
-----> Down in the Coral Reef, try your hand (or fin) at shark-themed trivia.
Shark Close Up
6:00 - 9:30pm
-----> Get even closer to sharks as you meet with researchers and reps from Cotton Crustaceans, Ocean Film Festival, Yxlon CT Scanners and Pacific Shark Research Center.
6:00 - 10:00pm
-----> Join "Right Shark" (DJ Cosmic Amanda) and "Left Shark" (DJ Small Crimes) as they spin the ultimate underwater groove.
Beer tasting tickets will be available for purchase in the East Garden. No cash will be accepted at tasting tables, only beer tickets.
Beer Ticket Pricing
$2 for 1 ticket
1-2 tickets for 3-ounce taste
4-6 tickets for 12-ounce full beer
*Beer pricing varies at each tasting table
- The Academy's Osher Rainforest will be closed for updates beginning September 5th and re-opening for NightLife on 10/12 with a brand new, immersive cave experience and many more exciting updates.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Programming schedule and lineup subject to change.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
It’s that time of year—when toothy sharks and thirsty humans unite for a salute to brews with an aquatic twist.
The NightLife LIVE season comes to a close with a dreamy, fuzzed out performance from DIIV and Black Marble.
Explore the mysteries beyond our solar system with a night dedicated to the search for extraterrestrials.
The creatures come out at NightLife when the Academy transforms into a spine-tingling tribute to '80s horror.
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.