Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Music by MOM DJs
Get some inspiration for your summer grilling and sink your teeth into a night of sweet, spicy, and smoky food and drink.
-----> Head outside to the garden and join 4505 Meats as their expert smokers talk about the art (and science) of a nose-to-tail pig roast.
-----> Learn a few creative ways to roast veggies and define the properties of smoke with the chef of The Perennial, one of San Francisco’s most forward-thinking restaurants when it comes to sustainable eating.
-----> Humans have been cooking meat and fish over fire for thousands of years—learn about the evolutionary anthropology of our ancestral grill masters with the Department of Anthropology at Berkeley.
-----> Ever wonder why your favorites foods make you feel the way they do? Let the experts at the Stanford Neurosciences Institute tell you all about taste receptors and your brain on food.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Get some inspiration for your summer grilling and sink your teeth into a night of international smoky flavors.
A NightLife LIVE Summer 2018 music series—performances by Com Truise + The Seshen, Presented by Noise Pop.
Every beer tells a story— this week, NightLife follows the brewing process from botanical start to fizzy finish
Peep the fifth-annual wildlife photography exhibit before it opens and learn the latest in photography!