Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
The ToNightLife Show Starring BigPicture
Gooood evening, San Francisco! We’re inviting you to be our live ‘studio’ audience at the first ever ToNightLife Show. This evening's show stars BigPicture, a brand new exhibition of breathtaking nature photography, and features a special performance by the one-and-only Parangal. With a mix of in-depth interviews, special performances, and eclectic music, we’re bringing the late-night TV energy to NightLife!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Every great late-night show has the perfect house band to match. Topical DJ extraordinaire, Alpha Bravo from NerdNite SF ushers in the late-night vibes by kicking off the evening with an impeccably curated opening set.
The ToNightLife Show
- From the bizarre to the beautiful, the finalists of our annual BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition have captured it all. Our host Indre Viskontas, neuroscientist, opera stage director, and sought-after science communicator introduces our BigPicture exhibit and chats with acclaimed nature photographers Luciane Coletti, Suzi Eszterhas, joSon, and David Slater about what it takes to get that perfect shot.
Musical Guest: Parangal
9:15 PM (ish)
- Mabuhay! After the interview, we’re welcoming back our music guest for the evening, Parangal Dance Company, for a colorful Filipino folk dance performance inspired by the natural world.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
- Still have Qs? See our FAQs here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Santa Claude is comin’ to town! Shop your heart away at our merry marketplace of gift-worthy treasures.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy.