Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Virtual NightLife, Vol. 7: Space
Virtual NightLife is going to space! Get ready to mix your cosmos with the cosmos when the Morrison Planetarium team hosts an eclectic night full of stars.
- Learn about baby exoplanets (aww!) with Diana Powell, PhD student at UC Santa Cruz. She’ll talk about what we know about where and how planets form and share some amazing new pictures of this process actually taking place.
- Go on a galactic archaeology dig with Mia de los Reyes, PhD student at Caltech. Just like archaeologists on Earth try to understand past generations of people by studying artifacts they left behind, galactic archaeologists try to understand past generations of stars by studying the chemical elements they left behind.
- Bing Quock, Assistant Director of the Morrison Planetarium (and author of our annual pocket almanac), drops in to give an update on the night sky and a brief history of Morrison Planetarium.
- Take a tour of the constellations with planetarium presenter Mary Holt and face the truth about your astrology sign.
- Listen to some rare astronomy records as Mike Smail of Chicago’s Adler Planetarium shares highlights from his highly curated collection.
- Artist Conor Grebel (Bedtimes) introduces his trippy, extraterrestrial short, “Hovering,” originally created for NightLife’s Vortex 2.0 program.
PAST VIRTUAL NIGHTLIFE EVENTS
Missed the party? Just want to relive the magic? Watch the recorded livestreams on YouTube!
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Celebrate the myriad applications of mycelium in a night dedicated to the fascinating world of fungi.
It’s the year of the tiger, it’s the thrill of the night! Usher in the Lunar New Year at a special NightLife.
See what’s revealed once the sun goes down and explore the nocturnal side of the Academy. For adults 21+.
Get amped for the return of the official Noise Pop Festival pre-party featuring sets by Kamaal Williams & more!