See why the California Academy of Sciences is the Bay Area's most popular museum.
At the only aquarium-planetarium-rainforest-natural history museum on Earth, adventure is around every corner.
- Marvel at the deepest living coral reef tank on Earth.
- Have an out-of-galaxy experience in our 75-foot planetarium.
- Trek through a butterfly-filled four-story tropical rainforest.
Our world-renowned aquarium is home to nearly 40,000 live animals representing over 900 separate species. Introduce yourself to these aquarium all-stars:
Morrison Planetarium is one of the largest and most advanced all-digital domes in the world—and your admission ticket includes unlimited showtimes.
- Now playing: Expedition Reef! Learn the secrets of the “rainforests of the sea” as you dive world’s most vibrant—and endangered—marine ecosystems.
Our lush, four-story rainforest is a slice of tropical paradise. Newly updated and teeming with exotic birds and butterflies, you'll forget you're in the middle of San Francisco. Be dazzled by:
- Butterflies hatching daily in our new emergence chamber
- 250 colorful, free-flying birds
- Giant Amazonian fish gliding below
Kimball Natural History Museum
Immerse yourself in hands-on exhibits that examine the past, present, and future of life on Earth. From dramatic displays to high-tech interactives, prepare to be captivated. Don't miss:
- Gems and Minerals: Unearthed, a showcase of our sparkliest specimens
- Color of Life, an exhibit highlighting nature's secret weapon
What to See
Juggling a packed vacation schedule or kids in tow? Our suggested itineraries will ensure your visit is action-packed even if it's time-crunched.
Take a Tour
Interested in learning more about our green building, how our aquarium works, or what lurks in our specimen collections? We've got a tour for that.
Party After Hours
Every Thursday evening, the Academy turns truly wild. Live entertainment, special demos, and creative cocktails make NightLife the place to be for the 21+ crowd.
CityPASS® saves 46% on admission to the Academy and three more top SF attractions—plus instant mobile ticket delivery. It’s your best sightseeing value!
Save up to 55% on admission to the Academy and 25 other San Francisco attractions with a Go City San Francisco Pass.