Proposals for scientific symposia are now being accepted! See below for details.
- Mandë Holford: “Investigating molluscan venom from evolution to molecular function. Discovery, characterization, optimization and delivery of venom peptides from predatory conoidean marine snails”
- David Lindberg and Winston Ponder: "Comprehensive review of Mollusca"
- Didi Lyons: "Gene regulatory networks in molluscs"
- Susan Kidwell: Topic TBD
- Jingchun Li: “Evolution of photosymbiosis in bivalves”
- Monica Medina: "Genomics and the future of tropical marine ecosystems"
- Geerat Vermeij: "Evolution of molluscan shells and the predatory arms race"
Confirmed Symposia and Workshops
- Evolution of Toxins in Molluscs: Baldomero Olivera
- Molluscs in Citizen Science: Rebecca Johnson
- Molluscs as Critical Players in Ecological Systems: Patrick Krug
- AMS Presidential Symposium on Molluscan Collections: Ellen Strong, Julia Sigwart, Terry Gosliner
- The Evolution of Molluscan Weirdness: Julia Sigwart, Ellen Strong
- Molluscs as Models for Paleontological Systems: David Jablonski, Peter Roopnarine
- Publishing Books on Molluscs: Daniel Geiger
Please note: Speakers, topics, and symposia subject to change.