Dates through June 5, 2020, are now available.
The Academy is proud to offer special, discounted rates for California-based groups serving youth. Share the news with your local science club, summer camp, youth program, or afterschool-care provider!
Eligibility and Pricing
To be eligible for discounted Youth Group rates, your organization must:
- Be based in California
- Serve youth up to age 17 through an organization such as a club, youth group, camp session, or afterschool/weekend program
- Purchase admission for a group of 10 or more people via one pre-paid reservation
- Provide at least 1 adult chaperone for every 8 minors
- Note: Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are invited to attend using our discounted Group Rates, instead.
Youth Group Admission
- $18.25 per person
- Payment must be received prior to your visit. You may mail in a check or call up to pay by credit card.
- Adults in excess of the Chaperone Policy will be added to your reservation at daytime admission prices.
- Eligibility is at the discretion of the Academy, as subsidized admission is available thanks to generous annual donations to the Academy for All initiative.
Reserved Planetarium Seats
Planetarium shows are free, but advance reservations are required for youth groups and chaperones must attend.
Because most shows are designed for guests ages 7 and up, your group will not be placed in a show if you are bringing younger children. Rest assured that there is plenty to do at the Academy for early learners!
Youth groups will begin entering the Planetarium dome 30 minutes prior to show time. Shows last 30 to 40 minutes, with content subject to change. Please refer to our show schedule to determine what will be playing on the day of your visit.
Sleepover at the Academy!
Experience your own night at the museum! Explore the exhibits after-hours and discover the deepest depths of the oceans, travel to the tops of rainforests, blast off into outer space at your own private planetarium show, and then settle in for story time after snacking on milk and cookies.
Groups of 10 or more are eligible for significant discounts!
Helpful guides for planning your group's visit to the Academy.
The School & Youth Field Trips program is generously supported by an a Anonymous donor, BioMarin, Genentech, Inc., Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation, the Hearst Endowed Fund for Science Education, Jacques M. Littlefield Foundation, Marin Community Foundation, and Union Bank. Additional support is provided by the Academy’s local business donors.