- Plan-ahead Pricing: Tickets purchased by at least midnight prior to the visit date will always be less expensive than tickets purchased on the day of your visit. On average, guests who purchase at least three days in advance save $3-5 per ticket or more—and the further in advance you buy, the more you are likely to save! Learn more
- Free for 2 and under: All children age 2 and under enjoy free Daytime Admission to the Academy, everyday.
- Membership: Annual memberships start at just $99—or $6 a month—meaning an entire year of unlimited Academy adventures pays for itself in 2-3 visits. See below for membership affordable access programs.
- Sustainable transportation discount: Get $3 off Daytime Admission when you walk, bike, or take public transit to the Academy. View our Getting Here page to plan your trip. Only available at ticket window.
- Military discount: All active-duty military personnel receive $3 off Daytime Admission year-round, and all veteran, retired, and active-duty military personnel enjoy free Daytime Admission every Veterans Day. Must provide valid military ID or proof of service (e.g., VA card or DD-214). Only available at ticket window; does not apply to family, friends, or dependents.
- NightLife: Experience the nocturnal side of the Academy for a lot less—and save $1 or more when you buy at least a day in advance.
World-class science should be available to everyone. From free field trips for all San Francisco students to $3 admission for EBT/CalFresh, WIC, Medi-Cal, and Lifeline Pass cardholders, we're proud to open our doors to open more minds.
Affordable access programs
Please check with your local health and human services agency to see if you qualify for the programs below.
- EBT/CalFresh/WIC/Medi-Cal Benefit: As part of the Museums for All cooperative, the Academy offers discounted $3 Daytime Admission and NightLife (21+) tickets and $29 Family memberships to EBT/CalFresh, WIC, Lifeline Pass, and Medi-Cal cardholders every day of the year. Museums for All tickets and Family memberships are not available online and must be purchased at the Academy ticket window. Limit 4 (2 for NightLife) per group per visit. Offer not valid for P-EBT cardholders.
- Discover & Go: Library cardholders 14 and older can check out passes good for free Academy admission at participating libraries from San Francisco to Sacramento. Select your library system and log in, or contact your local branch for details.
For school groups
- School Field Trips: All pre-K–12 school groups from the City and County of San Francisco receive free admission to the Academy, and all other California school groups receive a discounted group rate.
- Rock Program: The Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Enhanced Museum Visits Program supports field trips for grades K-5 in San Francisco. Free transportation, admission, and educational materials are all provided by this program.