The Academy is reopening to the public on March 17! Celebrate spring with an outdoor VIP Tour.
We can't wait to welcome you back for safe science adventures. Please note that enhanced health and safety measures are in place, and some exhibits, programs, and tours have been modified for your safety. To reserve tickets and learn more, please visit our reopening page.
Celebrate science and seasonal blooms with an exclusive, physically distanced stroll on the Living Roof and in the Academy's gardens. (Please note: Tour includes stairs and unpaved paths.)
- 45-minute guided tour
- Tours depart daily at 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, and 3:30 pm
- Content of this tour is recommended for ages 7+
- VIP entrance to Osher Rainforest and Shake House earthquake simulator
- Includes 10% off shopping and dining
- $24.95 per guest ($19.95 members)
Tour guests must also purchase a Daytime Admission ticket to join a tour. Visit our Buy Tickets page to purchase a Daytime Admission ticket, then add VIP Tour tickets to your order after Step 3.
Celebrate Academy-style with one of four customizable parties for children ages 1-12—including our new virtual birthday party package!
- Decorated party room or Zoom room
- Sweet treats and party favors
- Gift for birthday child
- Guided activities
- Party host
Sleepovers are on hold until further notice. We look forward to welcoming you back later this year!
Slumber like a sea cucumber during a family-friendly overnight stay—and find out what 40,000 live animals get into after-hours.
- Overnight stay in one of our iconic exhibits
- Special programs and late-night planetarium shows
- Evening snack and hot breakfast
- Overnight parking and next-day museum admission
- For ages 5 and up; adult chaperones required
- $119 (discounts available for members and groups of 10 or more)